Alexandria, Virginia and Markham, Ontario — The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge are pleased to announce the 2020 Best Fleets to Drive For. These 20 for-hire trucking companies from across North America are being recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees.
"Now in its 12th year, the program continues to showcase the best fleets in the industry," said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy. "These carriers constantly raise the bar when it comes to driver satisfaction, innovative programs, and superior work environment."
The Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For for 2020 are:
- America's Service Line - Green Bay, Wisconsin
- American Central Transport - Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation - Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. - Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger - Cambridge, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. - Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. - Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc. - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. - Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express - Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. - Superior, Wisconsin
- Load One Transportation & Logistics - Taylor, Michigan
- Motor Carrier Service LLC - Northwood, Ohio
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. - Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. - Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. - Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. - Knoxville, Tennessee
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited - Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight - Aberfoyle, Ontario
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge identified five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- Averitt Express, Inc. - Cookeville, TN
- Brenny Specialized, Inc. - Saint Joseph, MN
- Leonard's Express - Farmington, NY
- Melton Truck Lines - Tulsa, OK
- Wilson Logistics, Inc. - Springfield, MO
This year, Motor Carrier Service LLC, has achieved the milestone of 10 consecutive years on the list. Additionally, two fleets have achieved the milestone of five consecutive years on the list: Prime Inc. and TLD Logistics Services, Inc.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
"Aside from being one of the most anticipated announcements in the industry, for these winners, the Best Fleets to Drive For program facilitates an image that radiates from the professional truck drivers to the leadership team at a carrier operation," said TCA President John Lyboldt. "The winners feel an immense pride for this accomplishment and we're proud to honor them, some year after year."
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA's Annual Convention - Truckload2020: Orlando - being held March 1-3 at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.
The Best Fleets to Drive For overall winner awards are sponsored by EpicVue and TruckRight.